Identity Fraud Alert


Several employees of Enduris members have experienced fraudulent unemployment applications in their name filed through the Washington Employment Security Department (ESD). 

As a reminder, Enduris provides members with a value-added Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement insurance policy provided by Travelers Insurance. This value-added policy extends to full-time employees, elected officials, and qualified household members.

To view more information on this policy click here to go to the Member Portal. Once logged in open 'Policy Year 2020 Documents' and locate the file named 'PY2020 ID Fraud Information.' 

To file a claim, the employee will need to contact Travelers directly. Travelers has been inundated with incident calls, so response times may be delayed.

Additionally, crime investigators are recommending the following steps for anyone who knows or believes, they are a victim of unemployment fraud:

1. Contact your employer’s HR Department and report the incident

2. Contact WA State Employment Security Department:

• Contact the WA State ESD via email at to report the fraud or via an online form at: 

3. File a police report:

• File an online or non-emergency report with the agency whose jurisdiction you live in.

4. Notify the three major credit bureaus:

• Obtain your free credit reports from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion at Annual Credit Report or call 1-877-322-8228 .

• Report to the credit bureaus that the fraudulent claim was made using your identity and provide them with the case number from your police report. You can have a fraud alert put on your identity or freeze your credit. Doing either is free by law and will make it harder for someone to open new accounts in your name. To place a fraud alert, contact one of the three credit bureaus:

o Experian 1-888-397-3742
o TransUnion 1-800-680-7289
o Equifax 1-888-766-0008

• Check your credit activity at least once a year. As a victim of identity theft, you have the right to check it monthly if you choose.

• Credit Freeze – If you do not have upcoming large purchases, such as a home, you may want to freeze your credit for more protection. It is free and you can do it yourself.

5. Notify the FTC & IRS:

• File a report with the Federal Trade Commission and give them the case number for your local police report.

• Consider setting up an IRS account. If you create an account with your social security number it will prevent criminals from creating an account using your identity.

• Another option is to lock your social security number.

• All of this reporting may seem redundant, but you will want to make sure you are recognized as a victim by the local, state, and federal government.

6. Keep your notes:

• Hang on to any notes, copies of emails, etc. This is the paper trail that you can reference if you face any identity issues or locate inaccuracies on your credit history sometime in the future.

Please contact the claims department at Enduris if you or your employees have any questions.