« Back to Training Seminars
Transitioning to Discipline
Tue, Mar 1, 2022 9:00am–10:30am
Add this to Calendar
Supervisors, Managers, and Human Resources
Transitioning to Discipline - Janet May - Sound Employment Solutions
This interactive webinar is designed for individuals interested in learning more about the disciplinary process for unionized and/or civil service employees. Using the seven steps of just cause as a foundation, participants will learn about some of the key factors for ensuring a sustainable disciplinary system, and key factors to consider prior to issuing disciplinary actions.
Participants will learn:
- The intent and meaning of "just cause and job nexus"
- The importance of adhering to employee procedural rights
- Handling "thorny disciplinary" misconduct such as off-duty conduct
- Best practices for ensuring consistency and keeping a credible system
- Elements that need to be included in a written disciplinary notice
- Participants are expected to have video camera capabilities and must fully participate in small group breakouts and other group interactive activities by using either audio or chat feature as instructed by the trainer.
- Participant must attend entire training to receive attendance credit.
- Participants must register in advance to participate.
- Registration is required at least two business days prior to the training date.
- Register early- limited to 30 registrants.
Cancelation is required prior to the webinar. Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $30 No-Show fee.