« Back to Training Seminars
Supervisor Boot Camp
Dec 7 - 9, 2021 9:30am–12:30pm
Add this to Calendar
Supervisor Boot Camp
This virtual course is a two-part "live" and interactive class held on two separate days
New and upcoming supervisors, as well as current supervisors who would like a refresher.
Despite our organization's best intention, we often find ourselves in a position where we've promoted a promising new leader, but don't have the time or resources to provide them the necessary supervisor training. They are fantastic at their jobs (hence the well-deserved promotion). However, this doesn't always translate into providing the tools needed to tackle their new assignment - managing their team. This training will cover a wide variety of topics for supervisors, with the ultimate goal of equipping them with the necessary tools to be successful in their role.
- Communication techniques, including active listening skills and tools to help you modify your communication style based on the audience and the situation.
- The basics of communication, respect, and trust in the workplace
- How to approach common issues that new supervisors face – such as being promoted from within, "inheriting" a problem from a previous supervisor, and how to avoid being viewed as a micromanager.
- Setting expectations for your team and how to reinforce those expectations if staff are not achieving them.
- The difference between feedback, coaching, and counseling - the various techniques for each of these tools and in what context to apply them
- Having a difficult conversation with your employee, and what you should document after the fact.
- Overview of the performance evaluation process and how to provide necessary feedback to your team.
Class Format and Attendance:
- This course will have two "live" online classes that meet from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Course is interactive and includes group discussions. It is strongly recommended that participants connect using a device with a microphone and camera capabilities for optimal participation.
- Registration covers both dates and commits attendee to both sessions. Attendance to both sessions is required. No modifications.
- Participants must register in advance in order to participate.
- Registration required two business days prior to the training date.
Cancellation is required prior to the training date. Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $100 No-Show fee.