« Back to Training Seminars
Minimizing Workplace Gossip
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 10:00am–12:00pm
Add this to Calendar
This 2-hour, live virtual training is hosted on Zoom and is designed for leads, supervisors, and managers.
Trainer: Janet May, Sound Employment Solutions
Although office gossip is often viewed as harmless socialization, it is frequently the source of great conflict, discontent, and employee complaints. The impact of gossip has become even more problematic in our hybrid workplaces where employees may feel disconnected from each other and lose trust and a sense of team cohesiveness. In this interactive webinar participants will learn helpful strategies for limiting workplace gossip within their teams.
Workshop attendees will learn:
- The definition of gossip and how it differs from "venting"
- The cost and impact associated with this destructive behavior
- The correlation between gossip and failing to keep employees "in the know"
- How to use the employer's mission statement, code of conduct, and performance evaluation processes to contain gossip
- How to solicit participation and cooperation from employees in developing a "no gossip" zone
- Participants are expected to have video camera capabilities and must fully participate in small group breakouts and other group interactive activities by using either audio or chat feature as instructed by the trainer.
- Participant must attend entire training to receive attendance credit.
- Participants must register in advance to participate.
- Registration is required at least two business days prior to the training date.
- Register early- limited to 30 registrants.
Cancelation is required prior to the webinar. Failure to cancel will result in a $60 no-show fee.