« Back to Training Seminars
Minimizing Workplace Gossip
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 10:00am–12:00pm
Add this to Calendar
Managers and Supervisors
Trainer: Janet May, Sound Employment Solutions
Although office gossip is often viewed as harmless socialization, it is frequently the source of great conflict, discontent, and employee complaints. The impact of gossip has become even more problematic in our hybrid workplaces where employees may feel disconnected from each other and lose trust and a sense of team cohesiveness. In this interactive webinar participants will learn helpful strategies for limiting workplace gossip within their teams.
Workshop attendees will learn:
- The definition of gossip and how it differs from "venting"
- The cost and impact associated with this destructive behavior
- The correlation between gossip and failing to keep employees "in the know"
- How to use the employer's mission statement, code of conduct, and performance evaluation processes to contain gossip
- How to solicit participation and cooperation from employees in developing a "no gossip" zone
- Course is interactive and includes group discussions. It is strongly recommended that participants connect using a device with a microphone and camera capabilities for optimal participation
- Registration required two business days prior to the webinar date
- Participants must register in advance in order to participate.
- Register Early - Seats are Limited to 30 Registrants
Cancelation is required prior to the webinar. Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $60 No-Show fee.