« Back to Training Seminars
Managing Challenging Conversations
Oct 3 - 4, 2022 9:30am–12:30pm
Add this to Calendar
This 6-hour live virtual training is designed for employees and supervisors.
Janelle Tarasewicz, Principal Consultant | Aperture EQ
Course is a 2-day training block from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on both dates (10/3/22 and 10/4/22).
We've all been there before - a conversation needs to occur with our employee, but we keep pushing it off because we're dreading the discussion. These conversations are difficult because they are awkward; but with the right approach they become manageable. As supervisors, it is an essential function of our jobs to turn these difficult conversations into constructive dialogues so that our employees can stay engaged and productive members of our team. With training and practice, supervisors and employees can hone their communication techniques and use these crucial skills to navigate the challenging process of having a difficult conversation. Having a conversation to address performance is difficult, but with the right tools the process becomes manageable, effective, and successful.
- Discovering techniques to help you stay calm during a difficult conversation and help defuse an emotionally charged situation.
- The science behind how our brains and bodies react to stress, including how our communication processes are impacted.
- Understanding how defensiveness surfaces and learning techniques to decrease your own defenses, as well as mitigate defensiveness in others.
- Communication techniques to help you modify your communication style based on the audience and situation.
- The steps to take to prepare for the difficult conversation, including what you should document after the fact.
- Coaching and feedback outlines that help guide supervisors through the process of a difficult conversation, including helpful tips and scripts.
- Basic skills for conflict resolution and how to navigate a conversation to help build trust during these contentious moments.
- This is an interactive course and participants are expected to partake in discussions.
- Participants are expected to have video camera capabilities and must fully participate in small group breakouts and other group interactive activities by using either audio or chat feature as instructed by the trainer.
- Participants must attend both dates to receive attendance credit. No modifications.
- Participants must register in advance to participate.
- Registration is required two business days prior to the training date.
- Register Early - Seats are Limited to 30 Registrants
- Cancelation is required prior to the webinar.
- Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $100 No-Show fee.