« Back to Training Seminars
Foundations of Implicit Bias
Feb 9 - 10, 2022 9:30am–12:30pm
Add this to Calendar
This 6-hour, live virtual training is hosted on Zoom and is designed for employees and supervisors. Course is a 2-day training block from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on February 9 and February 10, 2022.
Janelle Tarasewicz, Principal Consultant | Aperture EQ
Implicit biases are the attitudes and stereotypes that hang out in the depths of our minds. As professionals, we strive to remain objective as we interact with our communities and teams on a daily basis. However, science tells us that everyone is subject to these fallacies. Implicit bias directly impacts our decisions as we hire, promote, negotiate, and manage our employees, and impacts our perceptions as we work with and navigate our communities. There are many underlying factors that contribute to these unconscious processes in our minds. By unpacking the science behind these theories, we can better understand how implicit biases operate and what steps we can take to mitigate their impact.
- Explain the science behind our hidden bias, so we can better understand how our attitudes and stereotypes are developed.
- Discuss how our implicit biases impact our relationships at work and in our communities.
- Reflect on our personal identities and biases and discover our role in fostering empathy and understanding in the greater community.
- Developing an understanding of microaggressions and be able to describe their existence in everyday life.
- Learn tools to engage in constructive conversations with our teams about implicit bias and how it might be showing up in our workplace and communities.
- Create a plan for actionable steps we can take to mitigate our biases.
- This is an interactive course and participants are expected to partake in discussions.
- Participants are expected to have video camera capabilities and must fully participate in small group breakouts and other group interactive activities by using either audio or chat feature as instructed by the trainer.
- Participants will be asked to complete a homework assignment and are expected to come prepared to discuss.
- Participants must attend both dates to receive attendance credit. No modifications.
- Participants must register in advance to participate.
- Registration is required two business days prior to the training date
- Register Early - Seats are Limited to 30 Registrants
- Cancelation is required prior to the webinar.
- Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $100 No-Show fee.