Mon, Apr 16, 2018 8:30am–12:00pm
Snohomish Health District
3020 Rucker Ave - Auditorium
Everett, WA 98201
This program is for all employees who operate agency/personal motor vehicles on today's busy roads.
All organizations have employees who drive to and from work in a privately owned vehicle or during their work shift in a privately owned or company vehicle. Designed by an advisory committee of government and industry driving experts - including the Washington and Oregon Trucking Associations, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and others - this course will help improve employee driving performance on and off the job through group discussion, classroom exercises, and accident analysis.
· Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics
· An examination of general statistics and the causes and costs to society and individuals of motor vehicle crashes
· Getting Prepared: The Driver, the Vehicle, and the Driving Environment
· Discussion of how off-the-job activities can affect on-the-job driving
· Discussion of defensive driving techniques that drivers can use to protect themselves
· A close look at the effects that company policy and a supervisor's words and actions can have on driver's behavior
· Explanation of what employees should do at a crash scene or following a near miss