Member Relations Representative
The Member Relations Representative is an exempt position, which reports directly to the Director of Member Relations.
The Member Relations Representative serves as a primary conduit between Enduris members and Enduris staff to ensure effective communication and member satisfaction in areas of member relations.
The Member Relations Representative is responsible for planning, organizing, communicating, and providing member relations services including but not limited to daily member customer service, member consultations and meetings, member satisfaction and retention, member communications, and recruitment of new members.
The Member Relations Representative plans, organizes, and primarily executes the marketing efforts of the organization.
- Acts as the Enduris primary point of contact for various pro-active and re-active member relations services to promote the pool’s mission for its members
- Travels to member sites to conduct in-person consultative coverage and service meetings with member representatives
- Front-line underwrites and risk manages member property and operations to identify risk, evaluate exposures, and provide recommendations for risk improvement
- Solicits member feedback and communicates feedback with key Enduris team members as needed
- Attends and participates in member association conferences and meetings. Plans and coordinates conference sponsorships. Serves as primary Enduris representative at association meetings.
- Tracks and documents activities in the Enduris policy information system
- Updates member database with relevant member and prospect information.
- Provides departmental support for the membership renewal process
- Works in department collaboration to develop and implement a member training program
- Provides support of member trainings with staff and members
- Organizes relevant presentation and training topics to prospects, members, and associations
- Presents training subject matter to members and associations
Member Communications and Marketing
- Plans, develops and executes an annual member communications plan
- Works on the website with Information Systems Coordinator to ensure branding and information is current and relevant
- Participates and coordinates with others in the development of the Enduris Annual Report
- Engages with members through various methods of effective listening, learning, observing, and communicating.
- Writes articles for Enduris communications
- Organizes and coordinates member related events including meetings, speaking engagements, seminars, trade shows and exhibits
- Produces, coordinates with others, and develops marketing literature ensuring valid, current, and accurate content
- Oversees supply and distribution of marketing materials
- Helps develop and implement member satisfaction surveys
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with potential members and member organizations
- Research and identifies potential members, member types and competition
- Establishes contacts with key industry professionals and partner organizations
- Recruits prospects in a direct-writing system to develop new accounts from eligible government entities and special purpose districts in the state
- Develops and produces new member applications for completeness and accuracy
- Develops and coordinates communication and quote presentations for all potential new accounts
- Coordinates preparation of responses to RFP’s and delivers onsite professional presentations to prospective members.
- Performs new member orientation meetings
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communicating. Must frequently communicate detailed information and must interact with others both internal (co-workers) and external (members, vendors, others)
- Finger Dexterity. Uses primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together
- Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Physical strength. Part sedentary work, routine office work. Frequent travel, including walking member sites in various accessibility conditions. May periodically be required to lift, load, and carry items including display of trade show items, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Significant industry experience with a high school diploma or equivalent may be considered in place of a bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of relevant and progressive experience in similar type of position in the insurance, captive or pooling industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of property and liability insurance policies, exposures and coverages
- Knowledge of/experience in pooling preferred
- Able to work independently to specific performance standards and goals
- Ability to listen to detailed information and interact appropriately and professionally with co-workers, members, and other professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Marketing techniques and business management practices
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and public speaking skills
- Ability to make professional and persuasive presentations
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial insurance market and general insurance principles including coverage, risk management, and front-line field underwriting
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various coverage policies.
- Ability to effectively learn and use policy management software
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze information and use information to make justifiable decisions
- A problem solver who can listen and implement critical thinking for the betterment of the pool and members
- Ability to gather information, organize it, and write reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Maintains a valid drivers license with a demonstrated responsible driving history
- An ability and willingness to work occasional after hours or weekends
- An ability and willingness to travel overnight on a regular basis
- Frequent travel – 50% or greater
- Regular overnight travel is required
- Valid Washington drivers’ license
Please send cover letter and resume to Shawna Masterton at: firstname.lastname@example.org