« Back to Training Seminars
Transitioning to Discipline
Wed, Feb 24, 2021 9:00am–10:30am
Add this to Calendar
New supervisors, leads, acting supervisors, and those who need a refresher
Transitioning to Discipline - Janet May - Sound Employment Solutions
This interactive webinar is designed for individuals interested in learning more about the disciplinary process for unionized and/or civil service employees. Using the seven steps of just cause as a foundation, participants will learn about some of the key factors for ensuring a sustainable disciplinary system, and key factors to consider prior to issuing disciplinary actions.
Participants will learn:
- The intent and meaning of "just cause and job nexus"
- The importance of adhering to employee procedural rights
- Handling "thorny disciplinary" misconduct such as off-duty conduct
- Best practices for ensuring consistency and keeping a credible system
- Elements that need to be included in a written disciplinary notice
- Course is interactive and includes group discussions. It is strongly recommended that participants connect using a device with a microphone and camera capabilities for optimal participation
- Registration required two business days prior to the webinar date
- Participants must register in advance in order to participate
- Register Early - Seats are Limited to 30 Registrants
Cancellation is required prior to the webinar. Registrants failing to cancel will be invoiced for a $30 No-Show fee.