The Financial Accountant/Analyst is an exempt employee who reports directly to the Director of Finance.
The Financial Accountant/Analyst plans, coordinates and manages certain finance and accounting functions within the organization. The position’s focus is on Member and Operational activities (Claims/Member Contributions/Recoveries) and the associated financial reporting, analysis and systems.
The Financial Accountant/Analyst provides backup and support as necessary, for other members of the Finance Work Group.
The Financial Accountant/Analyst coordinates efforts and activity with other Enduris Work Groups.
Supports the Director of Finance in the accurate preparation and timely submission of internal and external reports in compliance with WA state regulations and Governmental Accounting Standards (GASB):
- Annual Report to Membership
- Enduris Annual Report filed with the State Auditor’s Office (SAO)
- Financial reports for Board and Management
Financial & Claims Systems
Is an authorized user and a Specialist in the organizations financial software (QuickBooks Online), and insurance risk management and claims information system (Origami):
- Member of the Origami Development/Data Analytics committee
- Maintains accuracy of financial accounting software, i.e. QuickBooks Online (QBO), QuickBooks payroll, T-Sheets for timekeeping, Tallie for credit card purchases and employee expense reports, etc.
- Serves as a Specialist for Origami Claims System financial activity
- Develops Origami Dashboards and Reports to support operations
Policies, Procedures & Internal Controls
Supports the development and implements internal controls:
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of documentation of accounting processes, controls and procedures for areas of ownership.
- Assures that controls are understood within the organization and assures compliance
Assists with financial audits and supports other organizational audits
- Supports the organization’s annual State Auditor’s Office (SAO) financial audit
- Provides detail claims information for Claims Audit and responds to inquiries
Operational Accounting and Support
Assists with the development and maintenance of Enduris’ financial records
- Assures Enduris’ accounting system and records are compliant with state regulations
- Performs Monthly close tasks to include accruals and reconciliations
- Manages Member Billing (renewal, endorsements, deductibles) in Origami and QBO and timely response to member inquiries
- Understands claim reserve authorization matrix and assures that reserves are adjusted and approved in compliance with that policy
- Reviews claims payment requests and manages claims transactions related to member applied deductibles, invoicing for deductibles and co-pays. Monitors accounts receivable for this activity
- Manages claims transactions related to subrogation, restitution & other recoveries and monitors accounts receivable for this activity
- Assures that proper documentation for transactions has been uploaded into Origami Bill.com, and/or QBO and that electronic copies are used in processes where possible
- Responsible for the integration and reconciliation between Origami claims system, Bill.com, and QBO for all transactions and cash flows:
- Works with the Claims manager, actuary and others for claims accounting and to resolve reconciliation issues
Banking, Cash Management & Investments
- Authorized User in Bank Portals to support dual authorization of transactions
Member Rate Development, Member Renewal
Participates and supports other work groups in the creation of the member rating schedule and renewal process:
- Participates as a member of the renewal and rating team
- Assist in the development of rates and the annual rating plan
- Responsible for the application of rates to invoices within the Origami system
- Responsible for the analysis and application of experience adjustments and other member credits and charges
- Coordination of other financial aspects of the Enduris renewal
Reinsurance/Excess Coverage Renewal
Assists in renewal:
- Works with Risk Management/Underwriting to coordinate the submission of data to broker for member renewal and excess coverage renewal
- Provides monthly property and vehicle updates (additions, deletions, value changes, etc.) to excess insurance carrier and reconciles their data to Origami
- Prepares cost analysis related to the renewal quotes
Assists in work with the Pool’s actuary:
- Prepares and submits data to actuary for reserve and rate study analysis
- Analyzes actuarial information and assists of the integration of report information into the financial statements, rating plan and budget
Completes financial analysis and reconciliations of claims and recoveries:
- Reconciles claims payment system to actuarial reports and accounting system
- Prepares financial analyses on claims data for Monthly Close
- Reviews reserve changes for accounting impact and provides weekly and monthly summary of reserve changes. Inputs/processes receivables related to claims.
- Reviews claims payment requests and manages claims transactions related to member applied deductibles, and invoicing for deductibles and co-pays.
- Works with claims team on subrogation, restitution & other recoveries
- Works closely with other members of the Finance Team to assure deadlines are met
- Performs employee self-assessment for performance evaluations
- Prepares for and attends all staff meetings
- Attends appropriate conferences
- Completes training to maintain certifications and professional expertise
Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS in Accounting or Business with emphasis in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 5-6 or more years accounting and financial analysis experience
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis of complex issues
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and manage complex situations
- Proficient computer skills: MS-Office, Quickbooks Online
- Advanced computer skills in Excel: data management, filtering, pivot tables, graphs, and charts
- Ability to work well with team
- Talking. Must frequently convey detailed information and must interact with coworkers and other professionals.
- Finger Dexterity. Uses primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, ten-key operation, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Repetitive Motions. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical Strength. Primarily sedentary work; sitting most of the time, although occasional walking and lifting required. Exerts up to 5lbs of force occasionally, and up to 40 lbs of force infrequently (almost all office related).
Please complete this application and send with cover letter and resume to :
Joy Jelsing, Administrative Associate